Judges will include:
- Lord Trees, Professor of Veterinary Parasitology and Crossbench member of the House of Lords
- Daniella Dos Santos, BVA’s Junior Vice President and a small animal and exotics vet
- Niall Connell, upcoming RCVS President and chair of its Diversity Working Group
- Chloe Roberts, a recent graduate and BVA Council member
- Wendy Talbot, European Specialist in Equine Internal Medicine and National Equine Veterinary Manager, Zoetis
Launched as a joint initiative with Zoetis, this award is the first of its kind in terms of cross community reach and aims to shine a light on “exceptional young vets” across the UK. Applications have been coming in thick and fast with nominated entries from across the profession, from nurses, vets, and even pet owners.
The winner of the Young Vet of the Year Award will receive a prize of £1,000 cash as well as a career-enhancing experience with Zoetis. Entries are open to all vets registered with the RCVS and in the first eight years of their career. Applications can be made by self-entry or by nomination and can be from those working within any veterinary sphere, including clinical practice, research, education, or veterinary politics.
There is still time to apply! The deadline for entries is Thursday 1 August 2019. More information on the award and criteria can be found here.