The company behind some of the UK’s most exciting and dynamic interactive exhibition displays in visitor attractions and museums has brought to market QCounter – a fully automated, but low-cost, access control/people-counter system.
Businesses emerging from lockdown restrictions must limit the number of people accessing a space or building to ensure the site remains COVID-safe and compliant with government regulations.
QCounter, based on a traffic light system, is a fully automated (without the need for any human operation), “Plug n’ Play” customer/visitor/staff counting system that manages and ensures the safe flow of people through spaces – thus ensuring organisations remain COVID-safe whilst fully operational.
QCounter provides the following functionality:
- Fully automated – no staff/personnel remote control operation required (unlike other systems)
- Ergonomic design
- Large bright indication of status (based on traffic light system)
- Integrated LCD information display
- Easy-to-change number of people allowed
- Powered by dc supply from mains plug or USB power bank
- Portable and easy to mount to any standard retractable barrier post – no tools required
- Both single and dual units versions available – works on one way system with separate in and out doors
- Client-branded ‘dashboard’ webpage (for public visibility)
Operational benefits for client:
- Compliance with COVID secure rules
- Visual reassurance for customers/visitors/staff/guests
- Non-language specific
- GDPR compliant (no integrated cameras)
- Webpage can be displayed on larger screen to further reassure compliance
- Expansion options available
The units have been designed and manufactured in the UK by FifeX, the UK’s leading concept-to-reality company and are available to order today from their dedicated website.
Paul Neil, Managing Director, FifeX said: “We are absolutely delighted to announce the launch of QCounter. We work with some of the leading visitor attractions and museums in the country and we have listened to their needs and developed this innovative, yet simple-to-deploy and operate people counter. The device benefits from our many years of complex product design expertise in terms of its functionality but we have priced this purposely at a low cost to make it ubiquitous in its deployment ensuring all businesses, regardless of size, can afford it. It is our way of helping businesses get back up and running in a safe manner, after what has been, a hugely challenging time for everyone.”
The company behind QCounter – since 2002, FifeX has designed, built and managed a huge range of interactive displays for visitor attractions and other venues as well as providing repairs and upgrades to products designed by other companies.
For more information about QCounter and FifeX please visit the respective websites.