Since starting in 1961, the British Small Animal Veterinary Association (BSAVA) awards have celebrated outstanding achievements in and contributions to the small animal veterinary profession.
Nominations for the BSAVA Awards 2024 are now open, with categories in welfare, science, clinical and teaching.
The awards will be presented in a ceremony taking place at BSAVA Congress 2024 at Manchester Central.
Both BSAVA members and non-members are eligible to vote for the following awards:
- The Amoroso Award – For outstanding contributions to undergraduate teaching of small animal studies (preclinical or clinical) in its widest context by a qualified veterinary surgeon (university staff)
- The Simon Award – This award is presented annually for contributions to the advancement of small animal surgery by a veterinary surgeon
- The Woodrow Award – For contributions to the advancement of small animal medicine by a qualified veterinarian
- The J. A. Wight Memorial Award – Presented annually to a veterinary surgeon who has made outstanding contributions to the welfare of companion animals
- The Blaine Award – For outstanding contributions to the advancement of small animal science by a veterinary surgeon
- The Bourgelat Award – The primary recognition for outstanding international contributions to the field of small animal practice or science by a veterinary surgeon
- The Ray Butcher Award – This award is BSAVA’s “unsung hero” award, recogning an individual (non-vet) who has made significant contribution to animal welfare in the community
- The Bruce Vivash Jones Veterinary Nurse Award – Presented annually as the primary recognition for outstanding contributions to the advancement of small animal veterinary nursing
Nominations for the BSAVA Awards 2024 are open until 25 September 2023, with the winners announced in December 2023.
To make your nomination and find out more about each award, visit the BSAVA website.